Pictures and other visual crap

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

T for Tango, T for Tuck it in, T for tension

Yesterday was my second American Tango class. I find that I really like American Tango, free license to be aggressive and very expressive. Maintaining hold requires me to implement all the Ts - tuck, tension and tango. :) At the end of the session both my knees, arms and hips were feeling the Tango. Yeah, as in screaming for pain meds. LOL


In order to get this right I have to settle into my instructor's hold and tuck my butt in, flex my knees, put all the weight on the left leg and provide tension by pushing into his right shoulder and not have spaghetti arms....and then I start to Tango. This is just to get the basic step right! When I had the winning Ts combination going on it felt divine. When I didn't I could tell right away that something was amiss.

Next, get that head snap thing going on without dislocating my neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment